The Rijeka Croatist School organises and carries out testing of knowledge of the Croatian language and Latinic script. Tests of Croatian as a second or a foreign language are intended for candidates who need a certificate stating that they speak the Croatian language as a prerequisite for a residence permit, enrolling in Croatian universities, validating foreign degrees, employment, acquisition of citizenship and other purposes.
Instructions for taking the exam of Croatian language and Latin script for foreigners
- Candidates apply for exams by completing an application form in Student Service, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences , University of Rijeka (room F-225, 2 nd floor), Campus, Trsat, Slavka Krautzeka bb, Rijeka (informations: Tel. No. 265-883, Mrs. Kata Šofranac);
- Candidates must provide documents (passport or other document which serves them for crossing the state border) to register for an exam;
- The fee of the exam of Croatian language and Latin script for foreigners is 1075.00 kn, starting with March 1st 2012.;
- The fee should be paid by a payment slip on the account of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Rijeka, Slavka Krautzeka bb , Model: 00, Number of the Account of Recipient: 2360000-1101536455, reference number: 6615153-07, Description of payment: the exam for foreigners;
- Students have to register for an exam no later than ten days before the examination date on production of the payment slip and document mentioned in the 2nd item of the Instruction;
- Exams will be held at the premises of the Department of Croatian Studies at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences , University of Rijeka, Campus, Slavko Krautzek bb, Rijeka , every month, according to the schedule published in the Notice;
- Information about the exam: professor Željka Macan, (firstname.lastname@example.org), at the Telephone Number of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Rijeka 051 265-677 or 051 265-660 (Secretariat of the Department of Croatian Studies).
Areas tested are:
- understanding of a heard text
- understanding of a read text
- knowledge of grammatical structures
The candidate must have a minimum of 60% of correct answers in each area in order to pass the test.
The candidate should prepare one topic from everyday life he/she is familiar with for the oral part of the test. He/she will briefly present it (5 minutes) and then talk about it with the language instructor.
After passing the test, the candidate will be issued a certificate.