Department of Philosophy
Head of the Department: dr. sc. Elvio Baccarini, red. prof., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Department
As its history testifies, the Department of Philosophy is strongly committed to
- promoting high quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level,
- philosophical research within the analytic tradition aiming at the highest standards of clarity, rigor and rational argumentation,
- exchanges with internationally renowned philosophers and institutions.
What current and former students say (in Croatian).
Recognition of final exams results (in Croatian).
Philosophy Students’ Association “Furija”.
Audio and video lectures
The website AudioVideoClass is part of a Departmental project “Making of online base of video-recorded classes from the Department of Philosophy at FFRI” established in 2009 and carried out by some of our students.
Current research projects:
- Identity: criteria for synchronic and diachronic identity
- Moral, Political and Epistemic Answers to Social Deviations
- Classification and explanations of antisocial personality disorders and moral and criminal liability within the context of Croatian mental health law and care
CSAP (HDAF) The Croatian Society for Analytic Philosophy. Members of the Department were amongst the founders. Prof. Boran Bercić is the current president and Prof. Elvio Baccarini was the previous one.
- The International annual conference: Contemporary Philosophical Issues: current, previous.
- Senior seminars and other conferences: current, previous.
The Department publishes: The European Journal of Analytic Philosophy. Department is actively involved in the organisation of and participation to international conferences and postgraduate schools at the Inter University Centre Dubrovnik (IUC) . Reading and working groups for teaching staff and PhD students.
Ana Gavran Miloš
Undergraduate study programme: Philosophy (double major)
Graduate study programmes: Philosophy (double major – teaching track), Philosophy (double major – general track)
Postgraduate doctoral study programme: Postgraduate doctoral study programme “Philosophy and Contemporaneity”